Saturday, November 6, 2010

Imperial Palace, Cebu: the place I really dream to go

I was totally mesmerized as I found out that my elder brother is working in the place everybody was talking about. And for a person who loves to wander around, plus the beautiful things everybody describe about Imperial Palace.
So to end my imagination what Imperial palace really looks, I decided to ask my bog bro, who was working there and see it everyday, what he can say about Imperial Palace.


This are the things my Big Bro said:


The first time I went inside Imperial Palace, it was as if I entered an Oasis. The front lawn was landscaped in brightly-colored flowers and the Palace itself rose like a temple, dominating the horizon.
Imperial Palace is a Korean-owned hotel chain, and its Cebu location is the first of its kind outside Korea. The famed and mercurial architect John Hwan Park(talented jud ang mga John...) is the one who designed the Palace.




The spacious lobby overwhelmed me with a sense of luxury. And one part of the wide white marble lobby was a bar that overlooked the resort's expansive network of pools. Its full name is Imperial Palace Resort and Waterpark.


The Palace's family dining restaurant is an extravaganza of five different ethnic cuisines and everything you could want in between.


The Palace have a romantic red suite, with its own black marble bar, complete with two posh black barstools. The living area came with a comfortable, stylish sofa, coffee table and flat screen television. The beds are soft with thick down comforters. The bathrooms got slate floors, three rooms, stand alone tub and etc.


In a co-worker my brother heard that in 2003, a few years into retirement, Park Yon Jun's father took a vacation in Cebu. The story goes that he enjoyed his stay so much he wanted to extend for two more days, but he couldn't because the hotel he was staying in was full. So he said, " Hey! I think I'll put up my own hotel! ", and so Imperial palace was build.


In a conference my brother heard that Mr. park, the chairman was asked " So, why did the management choose to build here in Cebu? " He answered " Cebu has very good infrastructure, and 40 direct flights from Korea. It's a 4-hour plane flight so you won't feel so tired ". General Manager Richie Kang chimed in, " Cebu is a very beautiful place. The beaches are just minutes away. The mountains are lush and there is a rich culture. We are happy to be part of this thriving community ".
And referring to his father, Park said: " Not only are we celebrating his dream, but his secret to being young. If you want to look 30 years younger, pick up a challenge like building Imperial Palace!(SHOCKS!!! a very challenging one...) ".
My big bro said so many marvelous things about Imperial Palace but I just wrote here a summary 'coz if I write all, I might have a whole magazine for sure...!!!
I may have oooh'd a little as my brother describe the Palace. And so I guess I will start saving money so I may treat my family there, for a once in a lifetime experience... ^_^

No comments:

Facebook Comments by World with Rhecel

Post a Comment